The Doctrinal Statement of Biblical Study Theological Seminary:
Home Office: Utopia Baptist Church, Villa Rica, Georgia
President, Dr. Clay Pawley
- The Bible Inspired. We believe in the inspiration of the Bible as found in its 66 books from Genesis to Revelation, which has “God for its author, salvation for its end, and truth without any mixture of error for its matter”. We believe the Bible is preserved for all generations and use only the King James (1611). 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:21, Psalm 12:6-7
- Salvation. We believe that because of the total depravity of man, salvation by grace alone is the central and unifying theme around which all the Scripture is to be understood and interpreted. We believe that the acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord is the only way into fellowship with God, the only way of deliverance from eternal destruction and the only way to eternal bliss in heaven. Ephesians 2:8-9, John 3:16-18, John 5:24, Acts 4:12, I John 5:10-13. We believe that salvation is to whosoever will. John 1:12, 3:16; 1 Timothy 2:4; 1 John 2:2; Revelation 22:17.
- The Holy Trinity. We believe that God who is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost who are three separate persons in one Eternal Godhead. Deuteronomy 6:4-5, Matthew 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14, Luke 1:35, John 1:14. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ that He is very eternal Creator God. John 1:1-3; Colossians 1:16; Isaiah 9:6. We reject the teachings of evolution and believe that God created all things. Genesis chapters 1 & 2; Exodus 20:11.
- The Resurrection of Christ. We believe that at the time of His birth through the Virgin Mary, the eternal Son of God, Jesus Christ our Lord, assumed a perfect sinless humanity. God the Son became flesh and lived a sinless life, died for our sins, was buried and arose bodily from the dead, qualifying as the only Savior of mankind. Acts 2:32, I Corinthians 15:1-4, Matthew 27:66, Luke 24:36-43, John 1:14, 20:27-28, Hebrews 7:26. We believe Jesus Christ ascended into heaven and is seated at the Father’s right hand and is the only Mediator between God and men. Acts 1:9-11, Romans 8:34, 1 Timothy 2:5, Hebrews 1:3, 8:1.
- Mankind. We believe that man, as the crowning work, was created in the image of God by a special act of creation. Being created in innocence, man chose sin and severed himself from God, qualifying himself for eternal destruction in the lake of fire. Genesis 1:26, 3:1-24, 1 Corinthians 2:27, Revelation 20:11-15
- A Personal Devil. We believe that the devil and his angels are personal beings who are enemies of God, the believer, the church, and all mankind. Satan and his demons will experience ultimate defeat in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone. 1 Peter 5:8, 1 Thessalonians 3:5, Ephesians 2:2, Revelation 12:9-10, Revelation 20:10.
- The Church. We believe that all born-again Christians are members of the church which is the body of Christ, and that the Word of God teaches that every Christian is to serve in the local church. Ephesians 1:22-23, 5:23-32. We believe there are two ordinances observed by the church, which are water baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Matthew 3:13-17; Romans 6:3-6; Matthew 26:26-30; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26. Baptism is by immersion only and shall be administered in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Matthew 28:19. We believe the command of Christ to the church is the Great Commission to preach the gospel to all men everywhere. Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 16:15; Acts 1:8.
- The Pre-millennial Return of our Lord. We believe there are two stages of the Second Coming. First, there is the Rapture of the church at the imminent return of our Lord before the tribulation. Secondly, there is the Revelation of Christ at the close of the tribulation when Christ returns with His church. The unrighteous will be judged at the time of the great white throne judgment after the Millennial. Acts 2:22-24, 1 Corinthians 15:4-8, 50-53, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, Daniel 12:2, John 5:25-29, Revelation 19:11-16, 20:4-5, 11-15.
- The Task, Ministry, and Discipline of the New Testament Church. We believe that outreach, by personal soul winning and public evangelism and missions (both home and foreign) is the essential task of New Testament churches. The church is to send forth and support missionaries. Matthew 28:19-20, John 20:19-21, Acts 1:8, 13:1-4. The church is to educate, teach, comfort, rebuke, exhort, edify, and encourage the saints. Matthew 28:19, 1 Corinthians 14:3, 2 Timothy 4:1-4. We believe the church has the authority to judge and discipline sin and those who walk contrary to its by-laws and statement of faith. All attempts must be made to bring about reconciliation before any member is brought under church discipline. Matthew 18:15-18, Romans 16:17, 1 Corinthians 5:1-5, Titus 3:10-11.
- Heaven and Hell. We believe in the everlasting reward of the saved righteous and the everlasting punishment of the wicked. Matthew 25:46, Luke 16:19-25, Revelation 20:14-15. All lost souls and wicked sinners will live in hell eternally. 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Galatians 5:19-21, Revelation 21:8.
- Loyalty to Distinctive Baptist Doctrines. We believe that Baptists stand for vital and distinctive truths to which other denominations do not adhere. We cannot compromise these truths without disloyalty to the Scriptures and our Lord. We are an independent Baptist school and shall remain so.
- The Sanctity of the Home and Marriage. We believe that God ordained the home and marriage and that marriage consists only between one man and one woman. The word “marriage” means only a legal union between one man and one woman as husband and wife, and the word “spouse” refers only to a person of the opposite sex who is a husband and wife. We adhere to Bible truths that sodomites are an abomination to God and all mankind. Therefore we reject the sodomite (homosexual) lifestyle. Genesis 1:26-28; 2:18-25; Leviticus 18:2; 20:13; Deuteronomy 23:17; 1 Kings 14:24; 15:12; 22:46; 2 Kings 23:7; Matthew 19:3-9; Ephesians 5:22-33; Romans 1:18-32; 1 Corinthians 6:9, Hebrews 13:4.
We reject such sins and lifestyles as sodomy, homosexual, lesbian, same sex marriage, bestiality (Leviticus 18:23; 20:15), incest (Leviticus 20:12; Deuteronomy 27:22), cross-dressing, transgender, transvestites (Deuteronomy 22:5), pedophiles, polygamy, bi-sexual, sex and or gender changes (before or after birth), pornography, and x-rated material in any form; we reject all such practices and consider them a sin against God and His Holy Bible. Those who practice the sins and lifestyles stated in this Doctrinal Statement will not be allowed college admission or be allowed to serve on the Faculty, Staff or Board, nor be allowed to teach at Biblical Study Theological Seminary. Any student who practices these sins and lifestyles shall be dismissed from school unless they repent and renounce these sins. We believe any sexual activity in any form or fashion outside of the marriage union (holy matrimony) which we believe consists between one man and one woman who are natural born male and natural born female, is a sin against God and a sin against the beliefs and practices of Biblical Study Theological Seminary.
Same sex marriages will not be performed by the college President (present or future) or by any Board Member of the Bible College. Same sex marriages will not be allowed to take place in or on any of the college facilities or properties by any person under any circumstances.